The Ministry of Education and Science is announcing a competition for awards for scientific and educational achievements. These awards will be granted to persons of Lithuanian descent, or citizens of Lithuania living abroad.
We invite all Lithuanian communities abroad, and Lithuania’s Institutes of Higher Learning to submit candidates for these awards. In those countries where there are no sizeable Lithuanian communities, individuals wishing to be considered for these awards may submit their own candidacy.
Eligible candidates include those who either have received a university diploma and/or have a creditable reputation in their field. Candidates who are citizens of Lithuania must present proof of having lived abroad for more than three years. Candidates of Lithuanian descent must present proof of their heritage by submitting a document, signed by a representative of the Lithuanian community, which attests to this. Alternatively, these candidates can submit other documents as proof of their heritage as described in Republic of Lithuania Laws for Citizens (Newsletter 2002, No. 95-4087; 2006, No. 46-1645) in the 26th article, 4th paragraph, describing documents that are acceptable as proof of descent.
In consideration of the educational achievements of the candidates, 3 out of a possible 5 awards will be granted:
- Award for research and innovative advancements in the fields of Social Sciences and Humanitarian Studies during the last ten years
- Award for research and innovative advancements in the fields of Physical Sciences, Biomedical Sciences and Technology during the last ten years
- Lifetime Achievement Award for research and innovative advancements in the fields of Social Sciences and Humanitarian Studies
- Lifetime Achievement Award for research and innovative advancements in the fields of Physical Sciences, Biomedical Sciences and Technology
- Award for educational achievements and sharing of same by dissemination of expertise
The monetary award is 13,000 Lt. More information about this competition can be found at the Ministry’s website: http://www.smm.lt/konkursai/kiti.htm
Contestants must present the following:
- Recommendation for candidacy from: representative of the Lithuanian community and /or an Institution of Higher Learning in Lithuania
- The candidate‘s CV, including a description of educational achievements
- Summary of communication with scientists and scholars in Lithuania, Institutions of Higher Learning in Lithuania, and businesses in Lithuania
- Recommendations (optional)
Submissions and documentations will be accepted via email (until April 30th, 2013, by email: email@example.com, or fax +370 5 2612077). Any questions should be directed to the given email.