LISS PROGRAM – 2019
Student Internship and Studies Program
This program allows students to work in a field of their chosen profession, improve their Lithuanian language skills, and become familiar with daily life and culture in Lithuania.
● This program will be held from June 15,
● Applications will be accepted from February 1,
● 15 students will be selected for the program. Only students who will have completed two years of college at the time of the program and have declared their major or area of concentration will be considered. Active participation in various activities of
● The application consists of an official transcript, a cover (motivation) letter responding to the question “Why do I want to participate in the LISS program?”, a Curriculum Vitae (form attached), and recommendation letters of a lecturer, and a member of the American – Lithuanian community.
● Please attach a university note to your application with the information what courses have you been taken and what do you
● The application should be submitted in Lithuanian via email
● All applicants will be notified individually if they were accepted as participants. Students are selected by the Program Coordinator and the LISS Committee.
● LISS program charge for students is $500 ($400 program charge plus $100 non-refundable application fee). Due date to pay charge and fee is April 15, 2019.
● LISS students are provided LISS-sponsored dorms/apartments for free.
Students are responsible for their own expenses including flight tickets, food, personal trips, and other entertainment.
The program will also provide various opportunities to engage in cultural trips around Lithuania. Students will live in Vilnius city.
All students must fill out and submit the Medical Form and Release Form by April 21, 2019.
Every student will have to spend no less than 6 hours per day at the assigned internship institution. At the end of the program, students who meet all program requirements will get five (5) university credits from Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) (vdu.lt), Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (vgtu.lt), or Vilnius University (vu.lt). Students should contact their own (domestic) universities to check if they will honor these credits and inquire what forms, if any, must be filled out.
For additional information, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org